Remote Desktop tool on iOS/Android with an EMM solution
Microsoft Remote Desktop tool on iOS/Android with an EMM solution
The company’s helpdesk must be able to access Windows Server and desktop systems remotely from iPads (e.g. for interventions at the weekend or at night).
- Distribution of user-friendly and personalised iOS web clips for helpdesk employees by the EMM solution
- Use of Microsoft RDP-URL schemas to automate configuration of the application
- Use of the MDM system to generate the web clips dynamically based on user attributes
- Integration of the solution with the iOS per-app VPN function. Users are authenticated with a certificate and the entire communication between the device and the back-end server is securely transmitted.
- Automatic per-app VPN: Users do not need to concern themselves with the technical set-up and can focus on their tasks instead. The VPN is automatically triggered when the user clicks on the server icon; the RDP application automatically launches with pre-configured server IP address and own user name.
- No need to purchase third-party services or applications; the technology builds only on EMM features and the official Microsoft Remote Desktop tool (freely available in the Apple AppStore)