Ready to migrate to Android Enterprise? Let’s get together and make Android Enterprise a reality!
The share of Android devices in companies has increased strongly in recent years. This is not least due to the wide range of manufacturers, variety, flexibility, applications and costs. This means that manufacturers with the Android operating system often offer more budget-friendly devices than iOS.
Google’s Android Enterprise is a comprehensive and innovative device management solution for enterprise and employee devices. Today’s EMM (Enterprise Mobility Management) solutions use APIs to communicate and control with managed devices. The APIs can be used to enforce compliance with policies, such as preventing access to system settings, Bluetooth, or turning off the camera. A critical objective is the creation of work profiles that differentiate between personal and company data.
To reliably manage devices, the EMM APIs were not always mandatory or already integrated into devices. Many manufacturers were not interested in supporting these functionalities at that time. In 2014 Android Enterprise (then still called Android for Work) was released with Lollipop 5.0 and made it possible to integrate the EMM APIs required for device management. With Marshmallow 6.0, the required APIs became mandatory for all manufacturers.
Many companies have already implemented device management via Android Device Administration. Google confirmed in its announcement that Device Administration will continue to be supported in Oreo 8.0, but only until the next release (Android P 9.0). In the next version (Android Q 10), expected in 2019, the APIs for password enforcement will no longer be available.
We strongly advise organisations to plan their migration to Android Enterprise well in advance. Once Android Q is announced, Android Enterprise will be the only device management solution available in the EMM. We therefore recommend that you deal with the migration as soon as possible and make appropriate resources available.
5 reasons to migrate:
- Be ready on time (Device admin deprecation)
- More security for every business app in a container
- More efficiency and speed for app downloads and device setup
- More flexibility with deployment methods (Work Profile, managed company device etc.)
- Better user experience and therefore satisfied users!
Leverage Nomasis’ experience: Nomasis already has implementation experience as we serve customers who have been using Android Enterprise since 2015. We have already successfully migrated the fleet of several customers from Android Device Administration to Android Enterprise:
- Plenty of enriched know-how:
- Various migration processes
- Removal of potential blockers
- Solution of typical support cases
- Productive Android Enterprise Integrations since 2015
- Migration of several customers from Android Device Admin to Android Enterprise
- Migration of in-house apps (from MAM to Managed Google Play)
- Close cooperation with app developers
- Secure SSO solution for Android Enterprise with Hypergate
- Separation corporate vs. private data
- Support of BYOD, COPE and company devices
- Android Kiosk mode
- Depreciation of device admin function in 2019
What we can offer
- Plan and develop the optimal rollout / migration process
- Configure Android Enterprise in your EMM solution
- App Management for your managed Google Play
- Support from rollout to taking care of the entire staging process (including zero-touch enrolment)
- Workshops “Meet Android Enterprise”
- End-user trainings
- Early preparation / deployment of ‘new’ type of Android management. Support of new devices running Android 9.x
- Increased security thanks to clear separation of data
- Smooth transition: use Android Enterprise for new registrations, handle the migration of already registered devices in batch mode
- Migrate your inhouse apps on time
- Eliminate fragmentation – Android Enterprise behaves the same on all devices
Potential for optimisation
- Clear visual separation between corporate and personal data
- Use any application from Managed Google Play in the Android Enterprise container
- Benefit from Android Enterprise new features (e.g. Kiosk Mode, COPE mode, zero-touch enrolment)
- Improve the security of the Android device fleet
- Minimize fragmentation
Webinar on zero touch enrolment
to receive more information on Android Enterprise